Pages

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

changes

my year of 28
i know will be filled with changes.

i am less than one month into my year of 28, and the second major change.
(graduation being the first)

i am switching it up in my job.
i am moving stores.
the opportunity has presented itself, i accepted.
changes will take place rather quickly.

tuesday will be my last day at my current store.
the store where it all began, hired as a little barista in september of 2003.
the store where i was promoted to shift in february of 2004
the store where i was promoted to assistant in august of 2005
the store from which i was promoted to store manager in january of 2007

its been my home.
for almost 7 years.
off and on (with experiences in 5 other store experiences along the way)

but change is happening...as i will be stepping into a new store, with new people, new leadership, new customers, new challenges, new lots of things...

my feelings are across the board as i attempt to process, trying to keep it all together as i tell my team one by one; all twenty-eight of them. trying to keep it all together as i wrap it all up, bundle the appropriate important information into a binder for the new guy. trying to keep it all together as i prepare to hand it over to someone else. trying to keep it all together as i kind of allow myself to accept this as real...yet it doesn't quite feel real.

simply trying to keep it together.

this upcoming weekend is packed, spending quality time with the entire family; and then concluding the weekend back in the city with a going-away dinner for my entire team (arranged by dave)

i have two final days in my store
following my final shift, less than 24 hours later dave and i will be at the airport heading for the east coast for our 2 week vacation.

and i start at my new store when i get back.

i hope there will be time to process and sleep along the way.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

congratulations, kim! I know your team must be sad to hear the news and they will miss you. But onward and upward you go! Can't wait to hear where the new store is. This is big!

Sarah said...

wow! and so it is...officially. hope your vacation is a wonderful new change of pace! :)

Post a Comment