Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

half day

it was a 5 hour work day for me today, as my afternoon meetings have been rescheduled for tomorrow. which is a-okay with me.
i remember in school thinking half days were such a waste, and they probably were; but my half-day work day has been anything but a waste, and even though its not even over, its been incredible so far.
number one, it's sunny out, and coming from where i park my car and lay my head down to sleep, a sunny day without some fog and some wind is a rare treat.
number two, my half-day had me at work by 630am, up and at it for an early start, and out of work by 12pm.
if i didn't work, i would have had a wonderful sleep in session with a slow wake up with coffee on the couch; but today i was up and out and ready to take on the day.

i had some interesting customers to say the least!

one lady wearing all yellow. yellow pants, yellow socks, yellow baggy tank top, and yellow dish washing gloves to match.
she returned her coffee because it didn't taste good, but her second cup didn't taste good either; she stated it needs cream and sugar, and asked why we didn't put it in her cup for her....

another lady who clearly wasn't lining up in the queue and standing off to the side; when the gentleman next in line came to the counter for his coffee, the side lady started yelling about how she was first and how he shouldn't be served, and then she stormed out of the store.

and yet another customer who thinks my cafe is a dance floor kept shuffling himself in circles attempting to put together a sentence to order his coffee, but his big pink comforter wrapped around him like a cape was nearly hitting the others who make quiet lines and patiently wait for their beverages....he clearly didn't get it.

and the final crazy customer story for the day were the two middle aged asian women in the corner fighting with each other while sitting down flailing their hands at the others face; when i went over to ask them if there was problem and if so they'd have to take their disagreement outside; decided to yell a each other and then smile at me and then went into a normal toned conversation.

besides all the theatrical performances in my store; it was a solid day at work.

from work i went to the salon and had my pedicure (got to get ready for the wedding weekend ahead of me)

i quickly went home to change, and then took off on foot for the BEST authentic chorizo con huevos breakfast burrito EVER located just a 15 minute walk from my front door.

on my way home from the burrito shop i talked a bit with my neighbor about the great weather and the great burritos our neighborhood has to offer.
i did take my camera on my little adventure; but i thought that being the only white girl in this neighborhood i didn't want to make myself even more noticeable by capturing the things i got to see while on my walk to get my lunch.
(someone might think i was spying on them, or working for the chronicle)

so you'll just have to imagine, a sunny day with some clouds in the sky; some street noise, and an occasional siren....and a girl strolling down the street with a fresh breakfast burrito tucked safely in her shoulder bag (next to her awesome camera) with her half day of work behind her and an afternoon free ahead of her...its a good day!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

it is a good day. it's beautiful here in the city and i'm loving it right along with you. nowhere in this world beats san francisco on a clear, blue day.

Post a Comment