Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

a conversation with my future self

i'd love to sit down and talk with myself 10 years from now.
i'd like to ask her which decisions are the right decisions.
i'd like to know how did i decide, what did i decide,
about career versus parenting versus geographical location.
i'd like to know if i made the right decisions.
i'd like to know if bad decisions are reversible.
i'd like to know what advice she'd give to me who doesn't know what to do to.

do i prioritize my career?
do i prioritize his career?
is there a way to prioritize both?
do i attempt to balance the thought of full time mom and full time career?
does that even work? would i be successful at both? how does that work?
do i investigate or even start to think of the proposed question, "are you willing to relocate to....seattle, or chico?"
how do i articulate, and wrap my mind around, the want to be a mother and yet crave the satisfaction i receive from enjoying, being good at, and being recognized at the job i am paid to do?
can those things co-exist? and if so, how?

dear older wiser version of my current self,
how does all this work out?
how do i make it all happen?
and how can i be successful at all of it?

1 comments:

audrey and josh said...

I think our current selves need to have conversations about our future selves... soon.

Post a Comment