Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

back track: my first week of knowledge recap

i write things down, predominately so i can recall and remember.

june 2nd.  first day of knowledge
(there is another entire post for this day)

june 3rd. sunday.  second day of knowledge
woke up at 5am, excited about the "secret" and excited for my race; not very hungry but had to get something in me before i left for the race.
8 am i started running a half marathon, my friend sarah met me at mile 10 (thank goodness!!!) as this half was the hardest one of them all.
i was sick the entire week prior, and the morning of, still not feeling well.
at mile 12, i might have said to sarah, "can i tell you a secret?"  she said, "yeah"
"first, i am going to walk for a bit...and second....i might be pregnant"
i am so glad she didn't fall over in shock
number one, i don't walk when i am set out to run.  even in training runs, if i walk, i typically make myself start over!
number two, she probably wasn't expecting me to say that!
but she was sweet and said i was doing a great job, even if i did look like i was going to throw up back there
it was true, i felt crazy sick, and crazy tired.
but we walked just for a bit and then finished the race...it was not easy...but i finished.

june 4th. monday.  3rd day of knowledge, 1st day at work since finding out.
it was crazy, to have this secret, yet wanted to tell my team, specifically yadi who asks me every day if i am pregnant.
yet, i didn't say anything and that was crazy hard.
all day, i was starving.
i ate my breakfast lunch and snacks all my 12pm, and still had 4 hours to go.
thankfully one of my partners grabbed me food when we went out to grab his own lunch:)
exhausted, i was in bed by 8pm.

june 5th.  tuesday.  4th day of knowledge.
not as hungry as i had been the entire 2 weeks prior.
feeling okay enough to go to the gym after work.
muscles are sore from the race on sunday though.

june 6th. wednsday. 5th day of knowing
i told my boss today, as we are in negotiations over me moving to a new store; and i wanted her to know i'd have to take maternity leave starting at the end of january; and if that fits into her "plan" then we can keep this conversation going; if it doesn't....then i want her to make the best decision for that store (and honestly, i am okay with staying at my current store, and/or going to a new store).

june 7th.  thursday.  had my appointment with the prenatal clerk at kaiser.
lots of blood work, 3 urine tests and lots of paper work.
it was confirmed i am 5 weeks pregnant tomorrow (friday)
our first real doctors appointment with an ultrasound is scheduled for july 12th. (week #10 for me)

june 8th.  friday.   7th day of keeping this secret.  officially 5 weeks pregnant.
went to the gym; did 2.5 miles of stairs and 1 mile on the treadmill.
afterward, i went to get a mani/pedi!
overall, i felt good, some soreness; but haven't felt nauseous since tuesday.  i choose to keep it this way.

 june 9th.  saturday.
went for a 4.75 mile run, felt good, but slow.
all the eating i've done the past two weeks, i could feel it in my pace,...but it felt good to run even though i thought my nips might fall off they hurt when i run now.
i am not as hungry as i was these past 3 weeks, thank goodness, cause i was eating more than DB; and thats a lot!
tonight we having a birthday dinner celebration as well as sharing the secret with jill and sean:)

june 10-11: monterey for my 30th!  very excited for this bed and breakfast we are staying at.
the anticipation of my birthday fell off my mind last weekend when that clear blue test read "pregnant".
this secret, this knowledge; has consumed my thoughts and crept into my conscious and subconscious.
and all week i haven't really been super mindful that this is my 30th birthday weekend!
i think its a boy.  db thinks its a girl.
little baby barry has taken the limelight already.

0 comments:

Post a Comment