Pages

Sunday, June 17, 2012

my birthday weekend in monterey, ca

The morning after my epic surprise party, DB and I took off for Monterey!
First we set off on a hit along the cliffs, in search of possible whale siting and baby seals.

The weather was great, nice and sunny, a bit cooler than we thought it would be; but still beautiful.





DB booked us to stay at a b&b called the Jabberwock Inn(we highly recommend, the cook Ellie makes breakfast every morning, and its superb! we met some other couples; one from the UK, another from Houston and another from LA)


DB was excited for the 17 mile drive tour which took us to Pebble Beach


My parents booked me a massage at the Vista Blue Spa
the place was fantastic, with the roof deck, pools, lounge chairs; they let DB hang out in the sun while I had my massage; and then we both enjoyed the lounge chairs for a bit as well!


The locals recommended the Sandbar and Grill for lunch; the food was amazing!
If you're looking for the place, its hidden; nestled up to and under a pier...but walking up you can smell the grill!

On the way home from Monterey DB stopped and bought me an ice cream at Marianne's


My 30th birthday couldn't have been any better!
It was one fantastic weekend to kick off this new decade of life.
I am excited for the 30's and all that they have in store:)

0 comments:

Post a Comment