Pages

Friday, November 4, 2011

a race against the weather

i went for a run today.
i didn't know how well my adventure would turn out....
as when i parked my car and embarked upon the trail the sky looked like this.

throughout my run, i was cold, a few of the toes on my left foot were numb.
as i warmed up through the first few miles, i kept chanting in my head
"please don't rain on me...please don't rain...please don't rain..."
and my prayers were answered.
i had an amazing run.
it had rained last night, so the trail was soft and covered with a ton of yellow, red and brown leaves that had just fallen.
it looked and it smelled like fall.
i had a great run...only one person passed me, which i take pride in.
there were bikers, but of course they would and could pass me without my inner monologue striking up, "umm...why are they running faster that you? why don't you run faster?"
(of course, it as friday afternoon about 1pm, the trail was kind of sparse, which i enjoy; and there weren't many people out running)
when i finished up my run the skies looked like this :)


just one more day of work, and then we're off to kona, hawaii!

0 comments:

Post a Comment