Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

28 weeks.

time is flying by.  truly flying by.

here we are entering into another week, and im into my 28th week of this amazing pregnancy.
as depicted by the photos below; Pip has doubled in size! 
this little one has decided to grow a TON!
bending over is getting tough, making me feel OLD. 
putting on socks, yup, its no lie when i share my diaphragm is being smashed by my belly, making it hard to breathe:)  truly, its kind of funny how my body has changed so much, miraculous really,
but i have to laugh as such simple things have never been such a challenge
(putting on socks, bending over to get into the under counter cabinets, getting in/out of bed!)

i am so incredibly thankful the rain let up for today....because DB and I went running!
we are signed up for a thanksgiving day turkey trot (only a 5k); but I really wanted to see if could run at all....and i did a full mile.  it was a slow mile, but still none the less, a mile!
and then I walked 3!

it felt so incredibly good!
such a mood booster, and the emotional fix i didn't know i was needing; nonetheless my mood/attitude changed after our time on the trail, one of the benefits of running and loving to run.
yet, with that, i am thankful for the life that is growing inside of me, and 9 months truly isn't much time at all to modify my running....i must not forget that.

this past week i took, and passed, by glucose test!

i was pretty nervous that this test would make me sick, and possibly throw up;
but it wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be.
my only side effect was crazy heart burn the rest of the day.

this past week, i visited the dry bar.
somedays i wake up, and think, my hair is driving me nuts!!
and its nice to have someone wash, dry and style it for me:)


this past weekend we scouted out fentons, took stalker photos, and were able to celebrate the engagement of DB's brother and his was-girlfriend-now-fiance; and we are thrilled for this upcoming wedding; and i will have a new sister-in-law...all good and very exciting things!


this past weekend, DB and I went on a date...like out to dinner and drinks kind of date....lovely!
he wanted to try out a Belgium beer bar, which he said was awesome
and then we went to one of our favorite italian restaurants, which was delicious; but also simply fantastic to sit across the table from each other and have someone else cook, and clean, and have someone deliver food to me and refill my water glass:: it was nice..very nice.

(i get fancy lemonade when we go out to such places now)

looking forward: its thanksgiving week! 
so much to be thankful so, and so much to truly appreciate; as we are incredibly blessed wish so many things, family, friends, jobs, a place to live, transportation, health, life...and thats are just a few.

happy its time to reflect-and-be-thank-ful-week! 

(this is from my drive home one afternoon...aren't the clouds awesome?)

0 comments:

Post a Comment