Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

revealing to the parents, part 1

this past week we have had a really fun time revealing the gender of little Pip to our families!

we found out on wednesday, and i knew my mom was in her club championship that day, so i preordered a blue and pink cake to be ready for pick up that afternoon; my parents friends were already apart of my plan and we going to deliver the cakes to my parents under the disguise of celebrating my moms championship (but they didn't need to use the cover, they just showed up!)
little did i know, my mom...not a patient women!
she called me around 1pm and REALLY wanted to know the gender, over the phone!
but we had already planned that i would to go to my sisters to skype with my parents that evening at 7pm to reveal the gender all together...but mom wanted to know sooner than our scheduled skype date! 
she sent me text messages, 6pm, 612p, 632p, 646p....all saying, "so...are we skyping yet?! ...when are you calling me?! ...im waiting!"
oh mom!
 
we all got onto skype, and then the door bell rings; mom is confused why her friends are at the door with cakes and champagne...

we had everyone guess what they thought it would be; and all guessed girl, except for my dad.
jill said, "i don't believe it..i still think its a girl!"
 well....little did they know...
i instructed my mom which cake to cut open....and then it was revealed...BLUE for BOY!
...below you can kind of see the blue

my dad had to leave the room, for a bit to contain his tears...mom was pretty excited!
these are the cupcakes i took to jill's to reveal to her and sean.


2 comments:

Caro said...

When I was reading this I thought...I wonder if their is a Robb sobbing picture...hahaha...then I got to the part when he had to leave the room and I just had to laugh!! I love how tender he is:) This was so much fun to read. I can't wait to meet my nephew!

kimfairchild said...

@caro. my dad was crying the whole time....bless his tender heart!! can't wait for you to meet him as well!! im excited to join the mom club....and the mom-of-a-son club nonetheless:)

Post a Comment