Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Welcome to the world: William Robert

On his due date of February 8, we welcomed William Robert into this world!!

It has been 19 days since he made his grand entrance, and I am now, kind of, able to open up the "Birth Day" event in iphoto and revisit that day and those days leading up to his birth.
Its still raw, and I am incredibly emotional, unable to sort through and edit those 92 photos DB/others took with my camera of that day without crying and resurfacing all the accompanying emotions.
We had quite the chain of events, many hours of labor, two platelet transfusions, and the discovery that baby Will was unable to fit through my pelvic bones;  which all collectively lead to a much needed, wouldn't survive without, c-section.
I am still processing and attempting to rightfully place all the emotions of what I thought labor and delivery would be compared to what it was for me; in addition to letting go of the dream of what I wanted it to be, and accepting what it was for me.  

In the end, we have the greatest son ever, I am biased, but I think he is the most adorable little new born ever.
I also have the best husband ever, who was incredibly strong, supportive, and the best care giver during our labor, delivery and recovery time spent at the hospital.
I seriously couldn't have done it without him.

1 comments:

Jill O'Sullivan said...

yay! i was waiting for this post. welcome, will :)

Post a Comment