Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

damn platelets


These numbers mean very little to anyone else I'm sure.
But for me when I've been having my blood tested every 2-4 weeks for the past 12 months... Today is a sad, disappointing, discouraging day.

As for this number we've been tracking and chasing...we want it to be over 100. 
And this past test (yesterday) has revealed I'm at 95 for this week.
I'm trying to remain hopeful and optimistic that the cold I've been fighting all last week has negatively affected my number. 
Re-test is scheduled for Wednesday next week.
As I wait, 7 days  I'm going to be drinking spinach everyday and increasing my vitamins; all things that can't hurt, but not proven to alter the number one way or another, but will assist in my overall health which can't hurt either way.
There are many factors that push platelet counts low, one being pregnancy.
Pip is totally fine, healthy and good.
Its my blood that is lacking this one component
(platelets:  their job is to clot the blood when there is a cut, gash or bleed and to prevent excessive bleeding)
I am hoping for a better test next week...
so that ultimately I am healthy enough to give birth to Pip without complications/interventions.

on a more happier-i-am-not-sad note:
Today was a day off for me!!
I am now taking 3 days off a week, working 4; and its just lovely having the time to get stuff done.

yup, getting my pedicure done; its been on the to-do list for a few weeks now!

sitting in peets, taking some quiet moments for just me; just fantastic.
and this new Q&A journal I am excited to be starting this year!

and today....my brothers turn 33...which is crazy fun for them!
(which means my parents have been parents for 33 years....gold stars for them!)
my brothers live too far away to even celebrate with each other;
but they have awesome wives and children who will spoil them with love and gifts!
happy birthday brothers!

0 comments:

Post a Comment