Pages

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

day one of maternity leave

i had my first day of not working today...had to remind myself last night,
"tomorrow is wednesday"
i think i'll need to restructure my calendaring so that i am not one who forgets what day it is:)

i spent a good chunk of my time this morning walking and talking with a good friend

the weather was amazing, and the day was beautiful

i started my day attempting to go to the lab for blood work; but the lab was backed up, line out the door; so i went later in the afternoon.

after walking, talking, and grabbing coffee with my friend i headed off to get my mani/pedi
which was awesome, and they spoiled me and pampered me for 2 hours!
amazing.
(didn't take a photo....phone was in my bag; and my hands/arms/feet/calves were being massaged...
no time for photos!)
this evening i tackled the laundry, organized and cleaned out my closet; half of which was dress code; 18ish black collared shirts, 15ish pairs of black bottoms, from crops, knee shorts, to pants; and numerous aprons...all of which are now in tupperware bins stacked on the top shelf of my closet!)

its bittersweet to say, thanks pip for not coming out today; as i am super excited for his arrival; but ever so thankful for today and the restful, peaceful, nothing scheduled kind of day.
it was lovely.

but Pip, truly, you can arrive anytime, so don't take too long deciding when you want your birthday to be....any day now would be a good choice! 

2 comments:

Susannah said...

any last minute mama to be questions? i kind of fell apart on my blog posts! :)

Lindsey Olsen said...

Enjoy these last few days (or weeks, or hours, or minutes!!!) of quiet and relaxation. You deserve it!

Post a Comment